Sometimes treasures are sitting right on the surface. The first stop on this date is a third generation Mexican bakery where you and your date will choose your sweetness. Maybe a veladora, a concha, a guzano…or all of the above! Bag them up and bring them with you to your final destination…a “hidden” marina where you can munch on them while gazing out at bobbing boats and swooping seagulls AFTER a romantic lunch.
- WHERE: South County
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Romance, Relax
- INVESTMENT: $, $$
- WHEN: Morning, Afternoon
- HOW LONG: 0-2 hours, 2-4 hours
- MEAL: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
- DRESS: Casual
- DOG-FRIENDLY: Yes
- Choose your culinary gems at…
La Concha Bakery
334 E Street
Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Start with breakfast or brunch and end with sweetness at…
Pier 32 Marina
3201 Marina Way
National City, CA 91950
ICING ON THE DATE:
Without announcing your dastardly plan, make a point to kiss your date at every red light on the drive from the bakery to the the pier. (If it’s too soon for that level of craziness, trade kisses for cleverly couched compliments.) See if he/she picks up on your secret mission.
- Be sure and let your date know to dress appropriately for an outdoor date.
- Dogs are only allowed on the front patio of The Waterfront Grill. You can always get your food to go and have a picnic on the waterfront grass.