What do you get when you blend German tunes with a dash of Polish mazurkas, a bit of Austrian waltz, and a healthy dose of a Uruguayan dance with African roots? A potent mix of passion, steam and raw sensuality called the tango. Begin this delicioso Latin-themed Friday night date sipping on sangria and appetizing on some tapas in one of Date Oxygen’s favorite places – a quaint neighborhood eatery run by a wizard of a chef. End it with more sangria, the main course, and a healthy portion of the tango.
- WHERE: University Heights, Central SD
- VIBE: Eat/Drink, Music/Theater, Spice, Romance
- INVESTMENT: $$, $$$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Cocktails, Dinner, Dessert
- DRESS: Casual, Classy, Club
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Sip and appetize at…
2123 Adams Avenue
San Diego, CA 92116
DATE OXYGEN CHECK-IN DEAL: Free dessert with Facebook check-in!
- Devour the main course + tango at…
Pampas Argentine Grill
8690 Aero Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
ICING ON THE DATE:
To help boost the mood, dress up this date. If you don’t want to let all the passion out of the bag, give your date enough hints so they can deck themselves out in steamy Latin-esque fashion. And, don’t forget your best accessory…a red rose clenched tightly between your teeth!
- Reservations definitely recommended at both Cueva Bar and Pampas. (<<< Click on their names to reserve online.) There are two tango shows: 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Plan on showing up at least 15 minutes early to ensure you get the best possible table.
- Click HERE for the story of our favorite Cueva Bar…and, HERE for more dates to this special place.