Strawberries, cherries + lips. Rubies, fire + roses. An enticing door in Mission Hills. Each one a luscious shade of red. The color red is the symbol of passion, romance, happiness…each one of these most definitely possible on this date. You will begin by walking through that enticing red door into an intimate eatery where you will dine upon fine cuisine seasoned with red. Once you and your date are temporarily satiated, it’s just a short stroll to a couple of seats to an intimate and friendly semi-outdoor movie theater. Once ushered to your seats, it’s time to recline, snuggle, and let yourselves be entertained by the silver screen.
- WHERE: Mission Hills
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Music & Theater, Romance
- INVESTMENT: $$$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Dinner
- DRESS: Casual, Classy
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Satisfy your curiosity by walking through…
The Red Door
741 W. Washington Street
San Diego, CA 92103
- Grab each other’s hands and stroll to…
Cinema Under the Stars
4040 Goldfinch Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Showtimes & Tickets
ICING ON THE DATE:
Make sure there is red sprinkled here and there throughout the evening…glistening lips, a long-stemmed rose, some rosé, a strawberry…let your imagination go wild.
- Let your date know you’ll be partially outside during the evening (although the theater heaters + provided blankets keep you pretty toasty).
- Reservations are definitely suggested at The Red Door.
- Movies are shown on Thursdays, Fridays + Saturdays. You must pre-purchase your movie tix online between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the Thursday prior to showtime. Although they take your credit card online, you must pay CASH for your tickets when you arrive at the theater.
- HERE is a great article on the theater.