Thousands of years ago, chocolate was a bitter drink consumed only by gods & kings. Add chocolate to the long list of the perks of technology, which turned the not-so-tasty juice of the cacao pod into the sweet indulgence of today. On this delicious outing, you and your date are going to have a religious experience and feast like the Gods of yesteryear on San Diego chocolate. Gorge until you can gorge no more at one, some or all of the city’s premiere chocolatiers. Nibble on truffles, lick creamy gelatos, and savor a chocolate-filled crépe or unique baked creation…and ask lots of questions to boost your chocolate IQ.
- WHERE: South Park, No Park/Hillcrest, Pt Loma
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Learn
- INVESTMENT: $$, $$$
- WHEN: Afternoon, Evening
- HOW LONG: 0-2 hours, 2-4 hours
- MEAL: Snack, Dessert
- DRESS: Casual
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Feast & gorge at some or all of the following places of worship…
2690 Historic Decatur Road, San Diego, CA 92106
3896 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103
2145 Fern Street, San Diego, CA 92104
619.578.2984The Elegant Truffle
1111 Scott Street, San Diego, CA 92106
ICING ON THE DATE:
- Each of these neighborhoods is strollable, so don’t miss our on a romantic [and calorie burning] opportunity to explore.
- At the end of the date, spray one of the following on your “date” and continue the feasting. For women, try Cherry Bomb by Tokyo Milk, Fleur de Chocolat Molinard, or Eau de Cacao Coppeneur. For men, check out Chocolat Amere II, CiocoSpesizissimo Hilde Soliani, or Lacoste Elegance.
- It has been scientifically proven that chocolate is an excellent antidote for various physical and mental symptoms that flare up at specific times of the month.
- To best prepare your date for this outing, let him/her know to come hungry and comfortable in expandable clothing.