Coffee, Tea and a
San Diego Central Library Tour
Our city’s central library is one of the cornerstones of downtown San Diego and one of the reasons East Village is so cool. Even if you’re not much of a reader, it’s worth taking a San Diego Central Library tour just for the architecture, views AND, if you’re a local, to know your city better. Either before or after the tour, sip on top quality coffee or perfectly prepared artisanal tea just around the corner. (Do NOT miss the killer avocado toast!)
- WHERE: Downtown (East Village)
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Learn
- INVESTMENT: $
- WHEN: Afternoon
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours
- MEAL: Brunch, Lunch, Snack
- DRESS: Casual, Grunge
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
In whatever order you’re feeling:
- Sip on top quality coffee or an artisan tea and snack or lunch at…
- Take your PRE-booked FREE guided tour of…
ICING ON THE DATE:
- Bring your camera to get some great pics of you and your date.
- If the weather is warm, bring books up to the 9th floor and soak up the views on the outside patio.
- You must reserve your spots on the library tour (click on the link above to do so).
- Make sure you and your date wear comfortable walking shoes.
- If you park near Copa Vida, make sure you have enough money in the meter to cover the one-hour tour plus walking time; even during special events when the library parking lot is charging an arm and a leg for a space, they will let you park for free IF you are taking the tour (NOT if you are just visiting the library).
- If you’re an avid reader, allow extra time to shop in the Friends of the Public Library Bookstore and pick up some dirt cheap reads.