The Twist, 3D movies, conical bras…just a few cool mid-century treasures. One of San Diego’s coolest renovated boutique hotels is another. Begin this date sitting your very un-square selves down at the hotel bar or next to the softly lit acorn-shaped pool for one hip Happy Hour. Next you’ll be equally jazzed by all things Italian…either inside the bold dining room or on the heated back patio. If it’s the weekend, kick back and enjoy the tunes with some sweets and a cuppa joe.
- WHERE: Pt. Loma
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Music & Theater, Romance
- INVESTMENT: $$$, $$$$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Cocktails, Dinner, Dessert
- DRESS: Classy
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Get your hipster on during Happy Hour at…
The Pearl Hotel
1410 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92106
- Leave your car behind and hit the pavement for some beautiful sights, bites, and tunes at…
2910 Canon Street, San Diego, CA 92106
ICING ON THE DATE:
Do you hear that? Shoreline Park at nearby Shelter Island is calling your name to take a romantic stroll before the sun goes down. After The Pearl and before Venice, follow Shelter Island Drive until you run smack into the park.
- The Pearl’s Happy Hour is from 5-7 p.m.
- Is it raining? Don’t be sad…rumor has it if you remind the waiter, he or she will deduct 15% from your bill.
- Make sure your date knows you’ll be strolling a bit so they’re comfortable and warm.
- Reservations a must at Old Venice. Check for live music on Fridays and Saturdays.