This is a Wednesday night date while in season!
Opportunities to smooch in your car while “watching” a movie are severely limited today thanks to skyrocketing real estate, daylight savings and $10 DVD players. Good news! One of San Diego’s hippest boutique hotels has come up with a fab alternative to yesteryear’s drive-in: a poolside “dive-in” theater. The screen’s a bit smaller and there’s no room for your car, but you won’t miss either once you plop down on those poolside seats and start munching. Before you dive in, grab a burger and a craft beer at San Diego’s only tap house on the water.
- WHERE: Pt. Loma
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Music & Theater, Romance
- INVESTMENT: $, $$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Cocktails, Dinner, Dessert
- DRESS: Casual
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- If you’re positive it’s Wednesday, grab some burgers and brew at…
1776 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106
- Stroll over early enough to nab good seats at…
The Pearl Hotel
1410 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92106
ICING ON THE DATE:
Just because you didn’t get to go to a real drive-in does NOT mean you can’t make out in the car. There’s plenty of time for that at the beginning (on the dock) and end of this date (on a quiet street).
- The Pearl has Happy Hour from 5-7 p.m.
- If you really feel like splurging, reserve a 10-person cabana just for you and your date!
- Make sure your date will be comfortable and warm while walking to and from your car to the pier to The Pearl.