Romance. The Venetians have mastered it…and, San Diego has copied it well. On this outing, you and your date will float through the canals of Coronado Cays in an authentic gondola, holding hands and sipping Prosecco as the sun sets and the city lights start to glimmer. After you disembark, make your way to a classic Italian restaurant. Take your time…you’re on Italian time tonight. And, the romance mustn’t end with the check. Take a leisurely stroll together along the sea to the historic Hotel Del.
- WHERE: Coronado
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Romance, Relax
- INVESTMENT: $$$, $$$$
- WHEN: Afternoon, Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Cocktails, Dinner, Dessert
- DRESS: Classy
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Embark on your pre-scheduled romantic gondola excursion at…
The Gondola Company
4000 Loews Coronado Bay Road
Coronado, CA 92118
- Head to your reserved table to savor classic Italian fare at:
932 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
- End the romance holding hands and strolling beside the sea to the historic Hotel del Coronado.
ICING ON THE DATE:
- Bring your own Prosecco [and use it to make a mind blowing tropical mimosa] on the gondola ride. Enjoy it plain…or, get creative with some sweet or bitter additions. And, a red rose…you must bring at least one perfect red rose.
- When making your dinner reservations, don’t forget the romantic requests…the most intimate seat in the house, a table laden with a dozen red roses, or pre-order everything from the appetizers to dessert to ensure no menu steals your eyes from each other.
- To ensure a romantically smooth evening, reservations are a must at every venue on this date.
- Make sure your date knows to dress appropriately for both the gondola ride and the post-dinner stroll.
- Your gondolier will provide glassware (sans corkage fee) for your beverage.