Eat at Unusual Restaurants in San Diego
According to an old African proverb, “We start as fools and become wise through experience.” Make it a point to go out to unusual restaurants in San Diego so you and your date will no longer be fools. Open your mind and your mouth at a funky Russian Georgian spot, an Abyssinian bistro, a casual East African café, or one of our other eateries. Be prepared for a little spice, foods you’ve never heard or tasted before, a lack of utentils…or just about anything. It’s the unknowns that make this so fun!
- WHERE: University Heights, Central San Diego
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Learn
- INVESTMENT: $$, $$$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Dinner
- DRESS: Casual, Classy
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- On your first wisdom-inducing outings, choose from one of our favorite unusual spots…
ICING ON THE DATE:
- Do some pre-date research to find a special unusual wine that matches your unusual restaurant of choice. Bring a sharpie marker to turn the bottle into a memorable date souvenir.
- Reservations are a must at all but Flavors of East Africa.
- There is no corkage fee at Flavors of East Africa.