My how things have changed. Just a decade and a half ago, Coors Light was San Diego’s brew of choice. Today it’s known for its brewing innovation and is home to some of the most revered craft beer brewers in the nation. Today, the trailblazing grandpa – Karl Strauss Brewing Co. – has more than 35 grandkids scattered throughout the county. On this date, you’ll learn all about the local beer culture, then take some flights at the local craft beer shop. Cheers!
- WHERE: South/Balboa Park, North Park
- VIBE: Eat & Drink, Learn
- INVESTMENT: $$
- WHEN: Afternoon, Evening
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours
- MEAL: Snack, Picnic
- DRESS: Casual
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Get a crafty education at…
San Diego Museum of Man [Balboa Park]
1350 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
- Put that education to good use at…
3007 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92104
ICING ON THE DATE:
- Have a picnic in Balboa Park before you head to the museum!
- Check the museum’s schedule for special beer-related [i.e., tasting!] events.
- San Diego Museum of Man’s hours are Sun-Wed from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thu-Sat from 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Admission is $12.50/pp.
- Check out the Ultimate San Diego Craft Brewery Guide for info on San Diego’s craft breweries.