Mardi Gras only once a year? Jamais!!! If you’re in San Diego, you can take a field trip to New Orleans any day of the year. Start with a Sweet Urban Tea and southern-style hors d’oeuvres in North Park. For a cajun dinner, toss those beads and choose – intimate in Old Town or off-the-beaten path in Kearny Mesa. No matter what, you’ll be savoring some seafood gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etouffée or fried catfish.
- WHERE: North Park, Uni Heights, Central SD
- VIBE: Eat & Drink
- INVESTMENT: $$$
- WHEN: Evening, Night
- HOW LONG: 2-4 hours, 4-6 hours
- MEAL: Cocktails, Dinner
- DRESS: Casual, Classy
- DOG-FRIENDLY: No
- Sashay up to the bar and order some cocktails and southern-style hors d’oeuvres at…
3823 30th Street, San Diego, CA 92104
- Toss a coin or make a choice where you’ll be eating authentic Cajun cuisine…
Bud’s Louisiana Café
4320 Viewridge Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123
858.573.2837New Orleans Creole Café
2476 San Diego Avenue, San Diego, CA 92110
ICING ON THE DATE:
Bring your date a handful of Mardi Gras beads and give him/her lots of ways to earn them throughout the evening…and, vice versa, of course. (You may get lucky locally at Party City or allow enough time before the date to order them online.)
- Reservations are highly recommended at Bud’s and Old Town Creole Café.
- Let your date know the theme of the evening so he/she can dress appropriately. Think crazy.